Respond to each statement on the Spiritual Gift Assessment below, according to the following scale:
3 = Consistently, definitely true
2 = Most of the time, usually true
1 = Some of the time, once in a while
0 = Not at all, never
After all responses are filled in click the 'Submit' button at the bottom.
Important: Answer according to who you are, not who you would like to be or think you ought to be. How true are these statements of you? What has been your experience? To what degree do these statements reflect your usual tendencies?
1. I like to organize people, tasks and events.
2. I would like to start churches in places where they do not presently exist.
3. I enjoy working creatively with wood, cloth, paints, metal, glass or other materials.
4. I enjoy challenging people's perspective of God by using various forms of art.
5. I can readily distinguish between spiritual truth and error, good and evil.
6. I tend to see the potential in people.
7. I communicate the gospel to others with clarity and effectiveness.
8. I find it natural and easy to trust God to answer my prayers.
9. I give liberally and joyfully to people in financial need or to projects requiring support.
10. I enjoy working behind the scenes to support the work of others.
11. I view my home as a place to minister to people in need.
12. I take prayer requests from others and consistently pray for them.
13. I am approached by people who want to know my perspective on a particular passage or biblical truth.
14. I am able to motivate others to accomplish a goal.
15. I empathize with hurting people and desire to help in their healing process.
16. I can speak in a way that results in conviction and change in the lives of others.
17. I enjoy spending time nurturing and caring for others.
18. I am able to communicate God's word effectively.
19. I am often sought out by others for advice about spiritual or personal matters.
20. I am careful, thorough and skilled at managing details.
21. I am attracted to the idea of serving in another country or ethnic community.
22. I am skilled in working with different kinds of tools.
23. I enjoy developing and using my artistic skills (art, drama, music, photography, etc.)
24. I frequently am able to judge a person's character based upon first impressions.
25. I enjoy reassuring and strengthening those who are discouraged.
26. I consistently look for opportunities to build relationships with non-Christians.
27. I have confidence in God's continuing provision and help, even in difficult times.
28. I give more than a tithe so that kingdom work can be accomplished.
29. I enjoy doing routine tasks that support the ministry.
30. I enjoy meeting new people and helping them to feel welcomed.
31. I enjoy praying for long periods of time and receive leadings as to what God wants me to pray for.
32. I receive information from the Spirit that I did not acquire through natural means.
33. I am able to influence others to achieve a vision.
34. I can patiently support those going through painful experiences as they try to stabilize their lives.
35. I feel responsible to confront others with the truth.
36. I have compassion for wandering believers and want to protect them.
37. I can spend time in study knowing that presenting truth will make a difference in the lives of people.
38. I can often find simple, practical solutions in the midst of conflict or confusion.
39. I can clarify goals and develop strategies or plans to accomplish them.
40. I am willing to take an active part in starting a new church.
41. I enjoy making things for use in ministry.
42. I help people understand themselves, their relationships, and God through artistic expressions.
43. I can see through phoniness or deceit before it is evident to others.
44. I give hope to others by directing them to the promises of God.
45. I am effective at adapting the gospel message so that it connects with an individual's felt need.
46. I believe that God will help me to accomplish great things.
47. I manage my money well in order to free more of it for giving.
48. I willingly take on a variety of odd jobs around the church to meet the needs of others.
49. I genuinely believe the Lord directs strangers to me who need to get connected to others.
50. I am conscious of ministering to others as I pray.
51. I am committed, and schedule blocks of time for reading and studying scripture, to understand biblical truth fully and accurately.
52. I can adjust my leadership style to bring out the best in others.
53. I enjoy helping people sometimes regarded as undeserving or beyond help.
54. I boldly expose cultural trends, teachings, or events which contradict biblical principles.
55. I like to provide guidance for the whole person - relationally, emotionally, spiritually, etc.
56. I pay close attention to the words, phrases and meaning of those who teach.
57. I can easily select the most effective course of action from among several alternatives.
58. I can identify and effectively use the resources needed to accomplish tasks.
59. I can adapt well to different cultures and surroundings.
60. I can visualize how something should be constructed before I build it.
61. I like finding new and fresh ways of communicating God's truth.
62. I tend to see rightness or wrongness in situations.
63. I reassure those who need to take courageous action in their faith, family or life.
64. I invite unbelievers to accept Christ as their Savior.
65. I trust God in circumstances where success cannot be guaranteed by human effort alone.
66. I am challenged to limit my lifestyle in order to give away a higher percentage of my income.
67. I see spiritual significance in doing practical tasks.
68. I like to create a place where people do not feel that they are alone.
69. I pray with confidence because I know that God works in response to prayer.
70. I have insight or just know something to be true.
71. I set goals and manage people and resources effectively to accomplish them.
72. I have compassion for hurting people.
73. I see most actions as right or wrong, and feel the need to correct the wrong.
74. I can faithfully provide long-term support and concern for others.
75. I like to take a systematic approach to my study of the Bible.
76. I can anticipate the likely consequences of an individual's or a group's action.
77. I like to help organizations or groups become more efficient.
78. I can relate to others in culturally sensitive ways.
79. I honor God with my handcrafted gifts.
80. I apply various artistic expressions to communicate God's truth.
81. I receive affirmation from others concerning the reliability of my insights or perceptions.
82. I strengthen those who are wavering in their faith.
83. I openly tell people that I am a Christian and want them to ask me about my faith.
84. I am convinced of God's daily presence and action in my life.
85. I like knowing that my financial support makes a real difference in the lives and ministries of God's people.
86. I like to find small things that need to be done and often do them without being asked.
87. I enjoy entertaining people and opening my home to others.
88. When I hear about needy situations, I feel burdened to pray.
89. I have suddenly known some things about others, but did not know how I knew them.
90. I influence others to perform of their best capability.
91. I can look beyond a person's handicaps or problems to see a life that matters to God.
92. I like people who are honest and will speak the truth.
93. I enjoy giving guidance and practical support to a small group of people.
94. I can communicate scripture in ways that motivate others to study and want to learn more.
95. I give practical advice to help others through complicated situations.
96. I enjoy learning about how organizations function.
97. I enjoy pioneering new undertakings.
98. I am good at and enjoy working with my hands.
99. I am creative and imaginative.
100. I can identify preaching, teaching or communication which is not true to the Bible.
101. I like motivating others to take steps for spiritual growth.
102. I openly and confidently tell others what Christ has done for me.
103. I am regularly challenging others to trust God.
104. I give generously due to my commitment to stewardship.
105. I feel comfortable being a helper, assisting others to do their job more effectively.
106. I do whatever I can to make people feel that they belong.
107. I am honored when someone asks me to pray for them.
108. I discover important biblical truths when reading or studying scripture which benefit others in the body of Christ.
109. I am able to cast a vision that others want to be a part of.
110. I enjoy bringing hope and joy to people living in difficult circumstances.
111. I will speak God's truth, even in places where it is unpopular or difficult for others to accept.
112. I can gently restore wandering believers to faith and fellowship.
113. I can present information and skills to others at a level that makes it easy for them to grasp and apply to their lives.
114. I can apply scriptural truth that others regard as practical and helpful.
115. I can visualize a coming event, anticipate potential problems, and develop backup plans.
116. I am able to orchestrate or oversee several church ministries.
117. I am able to design and construct things that help the church.
118. I regularly need to get alone to reflect and develop my imagination.
119. I can sense when demonic forces are at work in a person or situation.
120. I am able to challenge or rebuke others in order to foster spiritual growth.
121. I seek opportunities to talk about spiritual matters with unbelievers.
122. I can move forward in spite of opposition or lack of support when I sense God's blessing on an undertaking.
123. I believe I have been given an abundance of resources so that I may give more to the Lord's work.
124. I readily and happily use my natural or learned skills to help wherever needed.
125. I can often make people feel at ease even in unfamiliar surroundings.
126. I often see specific results in direct response to my prayers.
127. I confidently share my knowledge and insights with others.
128. I figure out where we need to go and help others to get there.
129. I enjoy doing practical things for others who are in need.
130. I fell compelled to expose sin whenever I see it and to challenge people to repentance.
131. I enjoy patiently but firmly nurturing others in their development as believers.
132. I enjoy explaining things to people so that they can grow spiritually and personally.
133. I have insights into how to solve problems that others do not see.
Taken from Network Participant's Guide by Don Cousins; Bill Hybels; Bruce Bugbee. Copyright 1994 by Willow Creek Community Church. Use by permission of Zondervan. www.zondervan.com